Ready to Discover How to use WordPress to make a Law Firm Website? Find out at ABA TechShow
At the ABA Techshow in Chicago this week, I will be teaching a seminar, “How to build a website in an hour.” My session is on Thursday from 2:00-3:00.
Now, of course, you can’t really make a website in an hour, the title just refers to the time period of the seminar, as well as my book on the same topic. For a preview, check out this article I wrote on creating websites.
It will be difficult to cover everything in an hour, but here is what I plan to address:
- Choosing a domain name
- Picking a host
- Installing software
- Setting up the basics
- Working with plugins and widgets
- Updating software
- Choosing themes
- Adding content
As I go through each of these topics, I will discuss tips and tricks you need to know about each of these topics. I will include:
- What to watch out for when picking a domain name
- The webhosts I recommend
- Setting up the basics of WordPress
- How to work with plugins and widgets, including suggestions on some plugins you should use
- Making certain you keep your site up-to-date to avoid malware
- Identifying and editing the themes which control the look of your site
- How to add content including pages, posts and media
- SEO ticks and trips, including the value of Yoast, Moz and ahrefs
- Ethics to help you avoid getting into trouble with your disciplinary board
Attending ABA TechShow is really an amazing experience. This is my second time and I am looking forward to seeing old friends and learning new information.
If your law firm needs a website, or needs to fix up the one it already has, check out my session. You can also buy my book on the ABA’s website.